Mrs. Neena Dinesh ( Dept. Head ) Mrs. Ginila Sajeev ( Coordinator )
The Science Department comprises of highly qualified and experienced teachers with a high level of diligence, dedication and is aware of most modern developments in science. They are constantly updated with current innovations in the fields of research studies pertaining to the subject. The department is led by Mrs. Neena Dinesh and coordinated by Mrs. Ginila Sajeev. We aim to develop inborn talents in children and guide them in such a way that they can become a good citizen with overall development and to develop scientific interest in children so that they can think creatively and can acquire skills required for their progress. The Science Department is striving to offer an excellent science education to students of all ages and abilities. Our staffs are subject specialists and are driven by the desire to ensure that all learners make good progress in every lesson. We have high expectations of our students in terms of behaviour, attitude and effort. Our curriculum is taught in an engaging, stimulating and intellectually challenging environment which will:
- Provide a knowledge-rich curriculum which generates an inquisitive, healthy curiosity of the world and its place in the universe and a sense of wonder at its complexity and beauty.
- Promote respect for the living and non-living world and the essential role science has to play in the conservation and protection of the world’s natural resources.
- Develop the scientific skills required to understand the uses and implications of scientific developments now and in the future.
- Increase scientific literacy and engagement with science in the news, developing the knowledge, wisdom and skills required to make informed decisions based on evidence and fact.
- Stimulate thought and awareness of the applications and real-world importance of scientific study.
Promote a broad understanding of the multiple science-based careers available, especially STEM based careers. To provide the knowledge and skills required to secure outstanding grades as a stepping stone to pursuing science to degree level and beyond.
The General Science curriculum enables students to develop skills that relate to a wide variety of topics, ideas, and experiences with introductory material for all of the major physical, biological, and earth sciences.
We follow a recognized curriculum in an environment carefully constructed to become highly explorative and independent learners.